NEW! Pickleball at Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre
Try out this fast-growing sport and see why so many people of all ages are enjoying with this unique racquet sport!
NEW! Join us Wednesdays 10am-12pm, £3 per person.
Book online or on our app.
What is Pickleball?
Pickleball England explains:
- Pickleball is a sport played with a racket that combines elements from badminton, tennis, and ping pong.
- The game is played on a court with the same measurements as badminton doubles.
- The net is similar to a tennis net, but a little lower.
- The game is played with a hard "paddle" and a hard, hollow plastic ball with holes in it.
- Even though pickleball is like tennis, there are important differences that make pickleball especially more accessible for children and seniors.
- The most important difference is the speed of the ball. A pickleball ball travels at about a third of the average speed of a tennis ball. It is equally important that the court is somewhat less than a third of the total area of a tennis court.
- The smaller surface area combined with the slower ball speed, and an underhand serve make pickleball easier to play than tennis.